Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Almost Spring Break!

Spring break is almost here! I am so excited! A whole week to relax, minus homework. Pooh.

I got my grade back for my first creative project in English. I got a perfect score! The comments she left were all glowing, and she told me that she hopes I'm going to choose a career in public speaking. She said I was engaging and entertaining. That made me feel really good. I like her as a teacher. My Lifespan Development class is a whole different story. The class is challenging! We're trying to cover this text book that is ginormous. Her tests are really hard to figure out. Hopefully I can come back now that my mind is back on track, somewhat.

This Friday I'm getting together with Jenn and Sarah again. We had a lot of fun last weekend and I always love spending time with them. I am so lucky to have found down to earth friends who I have a lot in common with. Who knew that my random post looking for a craft show buddy would turn into a great friendship?

Brooke's vocabulary is expanding by leaps and bounds. Her use of words is so amazing. She is such a smart little girl and I am so proud of her. She is so independent and has such great social skills. She's your typical toddler with a little stubborn mixed in. She loves the word "no" so that gets a little frustrating, but I know it's a phase so I grin and bare it.

I finally got my cousins gift off to her. I made her a beanie and matching booties. I also made her some hair bows. Her daughter has some hair, so they will look so cute! I had a lot of fun making them. Here is a picture of the hat and booties.

I loved the set so much that I made another one with pink and brown. I still have to sew the buttons on so that's what I didn't post a picture.

I got to talk to Eric online the other night for about an hour. It was really nice to talk to him. He sounded very upbeat and content, minus the fact that he misses us dearly. I'm glad that he's doing ok over there. I finally got his first care package out to him today. He had a box set aside with things he wanted sent, and I finally got them sent! His new spurs came in the mail the other day as well, so he'll be surprised when he opens his package. :) I miss him so much. Today I had one of those days where I missed him terribly. I know I can do this, but he's my best friend, so it's hard not having him here.

Well, I think I'm going to get going. :)


No comments: