Friday, March 20, 2009

Another Week Gone

Another week has gone. Another week of school gone. WOOHOO!

I got my paper back in Lifespan Development. I wasn't quite sure how well I would do on it since I literally threw it together and barely proofread it. It was also my first paper attempted since Eric left. I got an A! I was so happy!!! There were a few grammatical and spelling errors, but the formatting was right and I included everything I needed to in it. So now, I hold a strong C in that class. Haha. I hope to bring that grade up to a B by the time the class is done. We have one more paper and two more tests with a smattering of quizzes in there. I have the second test on Wednesday, and I have been studying! I am so proud of myself. Haha. I am getting an A in math and either an A or B in my English class. My Juvenile Delinquency class is a huge question mark because he doesn't post grades and we haven't gotten anything back that we've turned in. That is so frustrating since I like to keep track of my progress.

If anyone knows me, I am not a little Miss Suzy Homemaker. I hate cleaning, doing laundry, doing the dishes and my house is hardly even spotless. I have a friend coming over on Saturday to watch Twilight with me, so it has given me a good excuse to clean up. The worst part of my house is my room, the island in the kitchen and the dining room table. The island gets all of my castoffs. It's usually cluttered with mail, wrappings, and miscellaneous crap. But now, it's clean! Before I went to bed last night I attacked it with a vengeance. Everything is organized and I had even bought a mail holder at Target, so now all my mail and miscellaneous papers are in that basket! I am going to TRY TRY TRY and keep it clean. We shall see. So before she comes over Saturday, I need to vacuum, clean up the downstairs, clean the bathroom and clean the dining room table off. I can do it! Haha. Oh, and the couch since it's covered in yarn and crocheting paraphernalia.

My daughter is becoming such a hoot. Her new thing is to "read" with me while I'm reading her a book. Her favorite book is Barnyard Dance by Sandra Boynton. It's super cute but my brain gets all muddled when I'm trying to listen to her and read at the same time. She has also started to sing along with the radio when we're in the car. Granted it's just a bunch of babbling with a few distinct words here and there, but it's still so cute. Maybe she'll be a singer when she gets older. :) Take care of her old parents.

When I get bored I browse Etsy and Artfire. BAD IDEA. I always end up buying something. Well, a couple days ago I was browsing Artfire and came upon Betty Mae Bakery. The thing that caught my eye was that her baked goods were only A PENNY. One penny, one cent. I had to take a closer look. Upon investigating further, I realized ALL of her products were a penny! I knew I was in trouble then. She had so many yummy looking things, it was hard to choose just one, or two, or three. But finally I settled on two things. One of them was Peanut Butter Chocolate Swirl Cookies and the other was Four Dozen Cookie Mix. Well, I finally got them yesterday, and they are delicious! They were shipped super fast by priority mail, but the great thing was, all of the cookies came in reusable containers. I LOVED that! I love Tupperware so it was nice that I got some free and that she's eco friendly! You better go take advantage of this promotional deal while it lasts! the Peanut Butter Chocolate Swirls are certainly my favorite, and my daughter's too! All you pay is the cent and then shipping.



I will try and blog tomorrow, but I am about to head out to dinner with a friend and I still have ti put on my face. I am going to write about my new bag (that came today, I just have to get to the mailbox), the Artfire Cafemom Team blog and it's giveaway! Plus pictures of my new beanie I made up and other miscellaneous things. :)

No comments: