Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Two days down...

A whole semester to go. I am reprimanding myself now that the semester has begun. Why oh why did I enroll in such boring mundane classes? History, Logic, Math, and Writing in the Natural Sciences. I am going to be one busy girl this semester. I will be writing, reading, writing, writing, reading and writing some more. Oh, with a few algebraic expressions thrown in there. I may have to sign up for some super Saturdays or Friday respite hours in order to study adequately. Hopefully I can sign up for more interesting classes next semester. On a positive note, my Intro to Logic teacher is entertaining. He is retired Army and wears his Army Strong pin very proudly. He has an odd obsession with youtube.com but keeps my attention which is a good thing. My history teacher is a little over enthusiastic about history, so I hope I catch his bug. He said he's not going to be lecturing from the book much, so this means not only do I need to know what's in the book, but I need to know his lectures as well. Gulp. My Monday math class was pretty interesting. I somehow chose a seat near a very gassy and smelly classmate. Every few minutes I would get a wiff of something completely rotten and foul. I think I'm going to try and get to class a few minutes earlier so I can find a seat on the opposite side of the room. I don't know if I can take a chance for another class period. The upside about Monday and Wednesday classes is that I have an hour and forty-five minutes between my two classes to get homework done. The downside is that my first class is at 8 A.M. which means I need to be up by 6:30 and out the door by 7:45. Do you know how hard that is with a two year old? I usually just grab Brooke out of bed, throw her in some clothes and toss her in the car still half asleep. Poor kid has gotten used to sleeping into 9:30. She gave me a look the other morning that read, "Really Mom? Really?" Poor Brooke.

I hope I have enough time to get enough stuff done for the upcoming craft shows. I know I talk about these shows a lot, but I did very well at the one last year so I'm really forward to seeing what will happen this year.

Alright, I should go. And study. Boo.

No comments: