Monday, April 20, 2009

Crochet Crazy

This is my last week of school before finals. I am super excited to get done with this semester. This is the first year I have accomplished as a full-time student without failing a course. Ha. I know it may not seem like much of an accomplishment, but I drank myself out of my first year of college and then when I went back, I went back as a part-time student. It feels really good to be on my way to a degree. Finally. This summer I'm taking a math and English, and those classes start two weeks from finals. YIKES!

My friend Jenn and I went to see "17 Again" on Friday night. It was super duper cute! And we weren't the only twenty somethings in the theater. We were actually trying to figure out why there were a pair of guy friends sitting in front of us, and then one seat over there was a twenty something single guy, at the movie by himself. We came up with several different scenarios, but we really couldn't fathom any of them. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Haha. Anyways, the movie was super cute and not too teeney bopperish. Zac Efron was totally adorable. I would feel a lot better about my little crush if I were a few years younger. :/ Ha.

My dad comes to town on Wednesday and I have so much to do to get ready for him. I have to clean out my craft room because that's where I'm stashing him for the three weeks. I bought a twin sized blow-up mattress so that I'm still able to get in there if an order comes up. Speaking of orders, I got two of them in the past couple of days, so I worked on them a bit today, but the pressure of homework kept nagging my mind, so I finally went upstairs to get started on that. Back to my dad...I went to Barnes and Noble the other day and picked up Always Looking Up: The Adventures of an Incurable Optimist. Michael J. Fox was diagnosed with Parkinson's a few year back and this is one of the books he wrote about his journey. I thought it would be a good book for my dad to read. I asked if he had read any of them and he said no but that he wanted to. So I went and bought it for him as a little present. I hope he likes it. It looks like a very positive book, despite having such a debilitating disease. My dad is coping fairly well, but I think reading about someone elses obstacles will help him in his journey.

I've been super-duper busy this past weekend. I have gotten bored with the two afghans I started, so I went on to some other projects. Oops. I had some other projects I had completed but hadn't taken pictures of yet, so I finally got those done.

This is a set of dishcloths I made. I thought they turned out really well. They are super thick and nice. They are both made out of 100% cotton and I love the color combinations.
This is a pattern I bought off Etsy from ThreeAM. I ended up changing it a bit. I added a couple more rows so that the hat was a bit longer because I wanted the ears to be covered. But that's about the only thing I changed. It worked up fairly fast so I'm excited to make a couple more. The first picture is before I added the band. Both ways look super cute and the hat is super thick and warm. I know it's starting to warm up, but hey! I live in Alaska! Who knows! Haha.


I've also had a hankering to make a hat with a brim. Like a cloche/bucket hat. I couldn't find any patterns I liked, so I kind of crafted it from a couple of different patterns and then did my own thing as well. The second picture was actually the first one I made, and the hat my daughter is wearing is the second one I made. I actually like the style of the pink one better. I will have to add a couple rows to it the next time I make it because it wasn't as long as I wanted it to be. They look super cute on and are perfect for keeping the sun out of the eyes. These hats could easily be worn by boys as well, like a cute blue and white one would be adorable.


This is a pattern I use often, but I used a different yarn. I went to a high end yarn store with a friend of mine and found this super soft alpaca/bamboo blend. I wanted to buy all the colors, but at $10 per skein, I only chose one. I chose this one because I thought it would make a beautiful baptism/Christening cap. It is super delicate and would add that extra something sweet on that special day.


I also made a yellow beanie using the same pattern as above. That one would look super cute as a summer hat. It's also very airy so the little one wearing it wouldn't get too hot.

Anyways, I should get back to my homework. I really need to get this project done, even though it's not due till Thursday. I do have another assignment for another class due tomorrow, so I need to get that done as well.

1 comment:

Jazzy Jemz said...

I love the green crochet hat!