Thursday, April 30, 2009

Two down, one to go

I have ONE more final left. This one is tomorrow at 7 A.M. SEVEN. I mean, really? The earliest classes they offer don't even start until 8 A.M., so I don't know where the administration is going with this one. We shall see. This means I have to get up at around 6 A.M. Yeah...fun! Thank god it's only a math final. It should be easy breezy. I'm going to study here in a few minutes, but only reviewing and doing a few review questions from each chapter.

I sold my textbooks back today. $100. That's it. And I think I paid well over $300 for them at the beginning of the semester. I didn't sell one back, because I need it for my summer classes, but the three I did sell back, $100, total. I think one was only $10. What a joke. Got to love inflation!

My Juvenile Delinquency final was a joke. There was so much to commit to memory, it was impossible to remember everything. I shall see how I fare in that class.

My dad has been doing a wonderful job of watching Brooke. The other morning Brooke woke up and I could here her yelling at me from downstairs. I know this happens to other moms where you just can't seem to drag your ass out of bed, no matter how loud they are yelling. Sometimes it takes a little more time to pull yourself out of that deep sleep you were wallowing in. I knew she was O.K, that's why I didn't jump at the sound of her yells. I heard my dad go get her, and I thought I better get out to go see if he was O.K. So I get up and head downstairs. Right when I get to the bottom of the stair, my daughter comes running out of her room with her diaper on BACKWARDS. Yes ladies and gentlemen, her grandpa put her diaper on backwards. It was so funny I couldn't help but laugh. God bless his trying. :) So then yesterday grandpa watched her while I went to take my Lifespan Development final. I get home to a pretty funny story. Apparently my dad went downstairs momentarily to throw some laundry in the washer. He called up to her to make sure she was doing okay. She replied that she was so my dad decided to do one more thing while he was downstairs. When he got back upstairs, guess where my wonderful daughter was. At the pantry with the door open. My dad notices that she has something in her hand, but can't quite make out what it is. So he asks her. Her reply, "Cookie!" Well, my dad said it didn't look like a cookie so he went over to investigate. It was a chunk of brown sugar! My daughter had opened the brown sugar bag and was sucking on one of the hard lumps of sugar. That's my kid with the sweet tooth. Just like her mommy and daddy. My daughter would never pull that stunt with me around, but she knows that she has her grandpa wrapped around her little finger and because of that, she can get away with murder. Oh Brooke. He also had his first encounter with a poopy diaper. I'm not even going to get into that one. Let's just say that her changing mat was out on the balcony drying and smelled like bleach cleaning solution.

I need my dad to come visit more often. I was worried that he would get bored because at home he is such a busy body. Apparently my worrying was unnecessary. Since hes been here he has cleaned and reorganized the garage, organized parts of my house, washed both cars, changed the oil on Eric's car, cleaned and vacuumed my car, fixed things around the house, and he still has a list of things he wants to do. I love that my dad is a fix it man. :) I told him our Toyota is due for it's 100,000 check-up. He decided he's going to do it himself. Now I remember why I loved living at home. It was funny, when I lived at home or in Minneapolis, if I was having issues with my car I would call him up and imitate the sound it was making. I'm sure I sounded quite special, but he was able to diagnose the problem by just me sputtering a few sounds into the phone. I told my dad he can move in and take care of all the manly things around here. It's nice to have someone here taking care of that stuff, even if it is only for a few weeks.

It's gorgeous here in Anchorage, and I'm am completely bummed I can't enjoy it because I am constantly studying for finals. Hopefully the weather won't be as rainy as it's predicted to be next week. I'd really like to enjoy some time outside. We shall see!

1 comment:

Jazzy Jemz said...

I hope you ace that final! Yay for having your dad here- my tires can get changed over! Go Dad!