Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Excessive Stress= Eye Spasms

I've been living in a fog the last month or so. My daily life has been on auto drive and I've just been plowing through very ungracefully. I tend to put on a happy face, but I don't know if I can even do that anymore. I know I need to stay positive, but it's hard. The last couple of days my left eye lid has been spasming constantly. I finally googled it on WebMD and apparently they're caused by stress.

"Most of us have had these uncontrollable eye lid spasms ("blepharospasms") at one time or another. The triggers for eye lid spasms are fatigue, caffeine use, stress. Some treatments are pressure applied near to the twitching muscle, or even botox."

Botox? Really? Crap.

Hopefully I can settle when my dad comes and this semester is over. And yay to me being an overachiever and taking summer classes. Granted it's not a full 12 credits, but it's still time and stress. My friend says I need to drop something, but I don't think it's possible. I need to get my degree as soon as possible, that's why I'm trying to fast track. Eric has his career plans, so we're putting them on hold until I get my degree. (Can someone please make my eye stop twitching?)

There's a new show on T.V. called Southland. It's a cop show, but it seems different than the other ones out there. I tuned in because of Ben McKenzie.

He was previously on the television show "The O.C." Loved that show. Yes, I'm a teeny bopper in a 26 year olds body. It's my guilty pleasure, what can I say? Anyways, I tuned in and LOVED it. I like how there's a couple different story lines happening at one time. It will be interesting to see where the show goes from here. There are a couple of other great actors in this series, Regina King and Tom Everitt Scott.

This Friday I'm hoping for a girls night out. Every week I get together with a friend of mine and we either get the kids together to play or if there's a Parent's Night Out on base, we put our kids in child care and go have a cocktail or ten. This weeks Parent's Night Out is full, so we're trying to tie down a babysitter. We both really want to go see "17 Again" with Zac Efron.

Jailbait. I know. But he's adorable! (And he's 21 so he's really not jailbait) The movie looks cute with light hearted humor that will take our minds off of our stresses and our romance free life. :) Living vicariously through fictional characters seems to be a very prominent theme in my life lately.

I signed up for a Costco membership. I had a Sam's Club membership a couple years ago, but let it run out because 1. the nearest Sam's Club to us in Louisiana was an hour away and 2. we were moving. So I had thought about renewing but never got around to it. Well, the other day ago I got a coupon booklet in the mail from Costco and decided to go in to see what they were all about. Twenty minutes later I stroll through the entrance with the executive membership. Yes, I got talked into the $100 membership versus the $50 membership. Their selling points? 2% annual cash back with a minimum $100 check (if my 2% doesn't reach the $100 mark, I automatically get $100 back), a $20 Costco card, and monthly coupon booklets PLUS additional coupons for being military. We'll see if it's worth it. If anything I can use the $100 I get back and put it towards renewing my membership. Brooke and I wandered around for about forty minutes and I was completely overwhelmed with the excessive bulk items. But I was able to use a few of the coupons and completely forgot to use the cash card they gave me.

I have so much to do before my dad gets here. I really need to clean the house. I mean, the whole house. I try and keep the upper living area clean, but my downstairs is a completely different story. We don't do anything down there but come and go, so the clutter doesn't really slow us down. But now that my dad is coming and going to be staying in the third bedroom/craft room, I need to make sure he can get to the bathroom without tripping. That will be my weekend project. Maybe. Oh dear. I hate cleaning.

Ok. I really should get to my homework. Only two more weeks of stress and headaches. Maybe my eye twitches and stress will go away? One can hope right?


No comments: