Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Things I Love About My Husband...

- That he loves me for me. He has never tried to change me and accepts me for who I am.
- That he loves my body just the way it is. I've never been a "skinny" girl, and especially since I've had my daughter, but he loves it even more knowing the journey it took.
- He supports me in everything.
- He's my personal cheerleader. He gets just as excited when I get a sale on Etsy, get good grades or just feel accomplished about something.
- He encourages me to chase my dreams. It's a little hard chasing your own dreams when you're married to the army.
- He never nags me on my spending habit. He says as long as there's a roof over our head, clothes on our back, food in our belly and all our bills are paid, he's okay with it. (Note: I am getting better. :) I've been saving a little out of each paycheck since he has been gone and I'm proud of it!)
- He talked me into having our daughter. Yes ladies and gentlemen, HE was the one who wanted to start our family!
- He thinks being a SAHM (stay at home mom) is a full time job and therefore doesn't expect the house the be clean when he gets home.
- He helps clean the house, although most the time, he ends up doing the majority of the cleaning, and for this I REALLY love him. :)
- He's a manly man. He can wield a wrench, hammer and drill with the best of them!
- He's mechanically inclined. My dad is a mechanic and I always said I wouldn't marry someone who didn't know their way around an engine.
- He does his own laundry.
- He does the dishes.
- He doesn't say no to me. Even when it comes to frivolous things I want to buy. He could say no to me and I would respect his wishes, but he never seems to say no.
- He supports my Coach obsession.
- He gives the best hugs and kisses in the world.
- He gave me the perfect family.
- He tells me everyday that I'm special and a good person. I need this reassurance since I tend to doubt myself a lot.
- He tells me I'm a wonderful mom. This is even more important than the one above this.
- He still looks at me like I'm the most special person on the face of the earth (although I share these looks with our daughter).
- He has random spurts of romance.
- He lets me run the household. I'm a bit of a control freak, and he puts up with my anal retentiveness.
- He tells me he loves me every time I talk to him and isn't afraid to tell me in front of all his friends.
- He thinks my boobs are still amazing even after they've been through a pregnancy and pumping. (TMI?)
- He makes me laugh with his sarcastic sense of humor and I only get sometimes.
- He thinks I'm beautiful without my makeup.
- He tells that it looks like I've lost some weight on the days when I feel like a fat cow.
- He loves me cooking.
- He thinks our daughter is the neatest thing since sliced bread.
- He supports my bipolar craft obsessions. First it was jewelry making, then scrap booking and now it's hair bows and crocheting.
- He wants me to get out of the house. He all but shoves me out the door to make sure that I get some time out of the house with a break from Brooke.
- He deals with my baggage. I came with a lot and he sits there and bitches right with me.
- I could go on and on, but the bottom line is, my husband loves me and for this I am grateful and blessed.

I love you Eric!

No comments: