Tuesday, June 23, 2009

I'm a gadget whore...

If you know me, then you know I have an odd obsession with purses and cell phones. Well, I got most of my purse issues at bay for now, but I've now turned my attention on my cell phone. Lord help me. I have the iPhone and I love it. But now Apple has gone and released the iPhone 3G S. I want it. I want it bad. But before I go any further, you need some background. If you follow this blog then you know I bought the Samsung Impression about two months ago. I got it at the discounted pricing using Eric's upgrade. Mistake. I then started missing my iPhone, especially since the 3.0 upgrade came out. So I switched back to my iPhone. So now I have an almost brand new Samsung Impression and a new two year contract on my husband's line. My upgrade is available on July 13. But then both of us will be tied in with no upgrade options for two years. This sucks for my husband because he'd be getting my hand-me-down 3G (which isn't all that shabby since I take REALLY good care of my cell phones) and I'd have the spiffy new one. Well if Apple keeps their pattern up, they'll be releasing a new iPhone next year and we wouldn't be able to get the new one (I already told you I'm a phone whore right?). So I would have to wait till the next version because of the stupid two year service agreement thing. Ugh. So me being the sly coniving person I am, came up with this idea. What if I...cancelled Eric's line, pay the $175, haulk the Samsung Impression (which isn't a bad idea since someone already offered me $275 for it), re-open a line to get the new phone at the promotional price while keeping my upgrade option open? Too complicated? Am I crazy? My friend Jenn says I am, but what I won't do for a new phone...So the sale of the Samsung would cover the cancellation fee AND pay for part of the new phone. I have issues. I know this.

So what are your thoughts? Crazy? Doable? Check myself into an insane asylum? All of the above? Ha. Well, I'll talk to my husband tomorrow and see what he has to say. Should be an interesting conversation. But he knew I was this crazy when he married me, so it shouldn't come as too much of a shock to him. Plus, he may read this (hi hunny!) before I even talk to him. Ha.

1 comment:

José Carrilho (Go Detail) said...

Hi,

Indeed I could relate your financial gymnastics with that of what governments are doing to save some banks :-)

Best regards,

José