Friday, September 5, 2008

Lazy Day

Today has been pretty uneventful so far (I guess it's only 2:38 P.M.).

Brooke and I went to the post office to mail our pictures we got done back in December to Grandpa ("Pa-pa"), Auntie Allison and Auntie Bubba. We also mailed a custom order to a wonderful buyer in Illinois and headbands to the boutique I sell bows in down in Louisiana. I also bought stamps. I had a whole bunch, but I don't know where they went. :(

While Brooke was napping I worked on some homework. I did some psychology and was reading and taking notes all about the biological make-up of our bodies. It's pretty interesting. :) I still have about 20 pages to read through and take notes on, but it shouldn't take too long. I have a take home quiz I need to print off so I can do it while I'm reading. then I have to type up my humanities essay, read and take notes for history, and start my paper for history. Thank goodness I have Fridays off and Eric is home on the weekends so I can focus on other things than my precious Brooke! I think when Eric deploys I'll find someone to come over a couple times a week so I can get some homework done. :) This summer won't be too bad, I think I may take a couple of classes so I can add credits, but I don't think I'll do a full load. Next school year I'll take more classes (I'm thinking). But we'll see. This will be our first deployment together. Who knows what will happen! And who knows what will happen with the upcoming elections.

You know what really bothers me, the severe right wings who sit there and completely bash the Democrats. And I'm not just talking about Obama, I'm talking about people like me. I am a Democrats, and very proud. I grew up in a democratic family and take pride in making my political decisions. But I don't go around making Republicans feel like they're stupid for being apart of that party. I'm sick of seeing things like "dumb-o-crats" and bashing Obama. There are a lot of supporters of Obama out there, and I am one of them. My husband is a Republican and will most likely be voting McCain, but we don't sit here and bash each other for our voting preferences. I am educated. I read the papers. I talk to people. I'm not ignorant and I wish people would stop implying that Democrat's are ignorant. If you have an opinion, great, but do it in a mature non judgemental way. And the funny thing is, most the things I'm seeing posted are by people who are older than me. It's frustrating. I did register to vote the other day on campus, and when I checked the "Democrat" box, the person signing me up was very happy I was an Obama supporter. We see how our current Republican leader has lead us for the past 8 years, and we're not doing so hot are we?

On another less political topic, I have a lot of GREAT printed 3/8 ribbon! One of my orders I sent out today was for 12 of them! I think they're great because they can match different outfits, and they're very inexpensive to buy!!! Aren't they adorable?!

Anywho, I should go. I don't think my chicken legs are going to thaw out by the time dinner comes along...Oh! And I think I may chop my hair off tomorrow. I always feel like I'm going bald when my hair starts getting long. Plus it's easier to take care of shorter. :) And tanning! I love tanning. <3

No comments: